5.17.2004

Mike Tyson Quotes

I just ran across this Mike Tyson quote page. I have never paid any attention to the man but I have heard some quotes on the radio where he sounds quite lucid and intelligent, a lot deeper than you'd give him credit for and there are some decent examples of this on that page:


"Fear is your best friend or your worst enemy. It's like fire. If you can control it, it can cook for you; it can heat your house. If you can't control it, it will burn everything around you and destroy you. If you can control your fear, it makes you more alert, like a deer coming across the lawn."



Of course, he isn't always a gentlemanly scholar of the human condition:


(On his childhood) "One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like a infantile retard."



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?