6.02.2004

I have found my presidential candidate

Twain in 2004

"When there is no question that the nation is in any way in danger, but only some little war away off, then it may be that on the question of politics the nation is divided, half patriots and half traitors, and no man can tell which from which."

"Man is the only Patriot. He sets himself apart in his own country, under his own flag, and sneers at the other nations, and keeps multitudinous uniformed assassins on hand at heavy expense to grab slices of other people's countries, and keep them from grabbing slices of his. And in the intervals between campaigns he washes the blood off his hands and works for the "universal brotherhood of man" -- with his mouth."

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress."

"Public servant: Persons chosen by the people to distribute the graft."

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts."

"Whose property is my body? Probably mine. I so regard it. If I experiment with it, who must be answerable? I, not the State. If I choose injudiciously, does the State die? Oh no."

Mark Twain 2004



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?