6.24.2004

Staying sane in an insane world

I'm over politics for a while. Pointing out the illogical rhetoric that flows from the heretical demagogues in the bush administration is just too easy and I am not malicious enough to beat up on the mentally deficient. Or to keep doing it, I should say.

They may be in charge of us, but they're not in charge of the situation and they're not even in charge of themselves, so I'm going to leave these morons alone for a while and trust natural selection to run it's course. Someone please wake me when the adults are back in town.

It looks like this next week is going to be depressing anyway, the turnover of power to the Iraqis is going to be bloody, real bloody, with lots of women and kids caught in the crossfire. We can only hope that when the dust settles they hate us a little bit less than the other guys.

At any rate, I'm over it. It's driving me insane. You may be asking yourself "how can we deal with such an insane world?"

Let me tell ya.

You have to look at the upside of things, no matter how small. At work lately I've decided to give random compliments just for the hell of it.
"Your signature on this paper was very neat and legible."

or

"You sure lifted that box well, bending with the knees in a safe manner and exhibiting a graceful efficiency of motion."

or

"When I came in this morning, I noticed that you had parked your car exceptionally straight in the parking space. Well done."
It's as easy as that. You don't try to fight the insanity, you embrace it, and pass it on to someone else.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?