7.26.2004

Bang Bang, Twisted Nerve

Since today's sad song comes from the Kill Bill Volume 1 soundtrack I decided to toss in a bonus from it as well. The sad song is Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) sung by Nancy Sinatra. You may remember it being performed over the opening credits. It was originally written by Sonny Bono and performed by Cher. Now that I mention it, Isobell Campbell has her own version of it out too. It's the same as this one only a little bit slower and a litle bit sadder.

The bonus song is Bernard Herrmann's Twisted Nerve, which is the tune whistled by Daryl Hannah as she's walking through the hospital on her mission to kill Uma.

Herrmann is regarded as one of the best film composers ever. He got his start on Orson Wells' "The War Of The Worlds" and later Citizen Kane and followed through with a career that spanned thirty years and many movies and TV shows such as "Vertigo", "North By Northwest", "Psycho", "Cape Fear", "Gunsmoke", "Rawhide" and "The Twilight Zone."

One of his lesser known movies was a 1968 thriller called Twisted Nerve and it is the score to this movie that Daryl Hannah whistles.



Bernard Herrmann - Twisted Nerve mp3


Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)
Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) mp3
Performed by Nancy Sinatra

I was five and he was six
We rode on horses made of sticks
He wore black and I wore white
He would always win the fight

Bang bang, he shot me down
Bang bang, I hit the ground
Bang bang, that awful sound
Bang bang, my baby shot me down.

Seasons came and changed the time
When I grew up, I called him mine
He would always laugh and say
"Remember when we used to play?"

Bang bang, I shot you down
Bang bang, you hit the ground
Bang bang, that awful sound
Bang bang, I used to shoot you down.

Music played, and people sang
Just for me, the church bells rang.

Now he's gone, I don't know why
And till this day, sometimes I cry
He didn't even say goodbye
He didn't take the time to lie.

Bang bang, he shot me down
Bang bang, I hit the ground
Bang bang, that awful sound
Bang bang, my baby shot me down...



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?