7.12.2004

I can't make it to where you are

I just realized something profound. I thought I had a 10 megabyte website that is virtually unused, but in fact it's a 50 megabyte website that is virtually unused. Thus, I shall become a part time mp3 blogger. Well I sort of did that already, but now I am officially going to be a part time mp3 pseudo-blogger. Officially. As in I am going to actually try from now on.

I am not knowledgeable enough to be a "professional" audioblogger so I'm going to fill a niche by blogging only sad songs with a preference for female artists because those are my favorite type of songs in the world.

My first song as an "official" part time mp3 blogger is Car Crash by Tricky.

Tricky has a long history going back to the roots of trip-hop, but I will leave that up to you to read about.

I know what you're thinking, didn't he say he was going to post "sad songs with a preference for female artists?" Well, Tricky has always teamed up with female artists and taken the background as they sing the lead.

In Car Crash, Costanza Francavilla is the voice of a girl who is driving through the rain to see her lover. As she lays dying after a car crash, all she can think about is that she won’t make it to where her lover is.

To be honest, I don't care for the lyrics in the latter part of the song. They're somewhat confusing and senseless, though they do sound good in the song. It is her voice that I like so much and yearning of her dying thought which is not of death itself but that she won't be able to make it to be with her lover. If that's not sad, I don't know what is.

Tricky - Car Crash.mp3

Tricky Music at Amazon

Costanza Francavilla & Tricky

You leave me hungry
Wanting more
Am I thirsty
I wasn’t sure
See me driving
Through the rain
Why am I driving
I can’t explain

In my car to where you are
I won’t make it
I can’t make it
In my car to where you are
I won’t make it
I can’t make it

I am sliding
I lose my breaks
The lights are blinding
The earth quakes
Now I’m lying
Will I die
Will they find me
Will they try

In my car to where you are
I won’t make it
I can’t make it
In my car to where you are
I won’t make it
I can’t make it

Doesn’t matter about the time we make
Doesn’t matter it doesn’t shatter
If time we take
You know they’re lost
While I’m dragging the cross
(If you sing along…)
And where you cross (If I scream…)

While they’re washing they sins
(And we sing along…)
She sings, I do evil things
I need I strive (and we sing along…)
I bleed alive
(And we sing along… and we sing along…)



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?