7.28.2004

Sick With Love

"I'm not alone but I am lonely"
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Today's sad song is Robyn Loau's Sick With Love. This doesn't really qualify as a sad song, at least not the type of sad songs that I know and love. It is not a slow melancholy trip down love's dark side, it's not the quiet whisper of a broken heart or the gentle yearning to find a true lover.

Instead, it's kind of an upbeat pop/R&B type thing, which kinda makes sense coming from this New Zealand born and Australian raised actress/writer/pop-singer who teaches funk and hip hop at Sydney Dance Company.

But it is about love gone wrong so does it qualify as sad? Maybe, maybe not, but I say this to argue that it does. Take a look at the girl that sings it. These words about love coming from someone as beautiful as that is a sad thing indeed. To paraphrase Mark Twain, it is a hardhearted man indeed that can look at such suffering and not be compelled to mitigate it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Robyn Loau's homepage

Robyn Loau - Sick With Love.mp3

Every time I'm making love with you
Kinda makes me feel like I hate you
Every time I'm lying in your arms
I try to ignore you but I can't

I'm not alone but I am lonely
Insatiable and I can't get enough
But you know I'm only ..

Sick with love
Sick with love
Sick with love
Sick with love

Every time I'm making love with you
Kinda makes me feel like I hate you
I'm not alone but I am lonely
It's a deep rooted fear that I can't rise above
But you know im only

Sick with love
Love hate generate
Sick with love
Love hate radiate
Sick with love
Love hate generate
Sick with love
Love hate radiate
Sick with love
Love hate generate
Sick with love
Love hate radiate
Sick with love
Love hate generate
Sick with love
Love hate radiate

Every time I'm making love with you
Kind of makes me feel like I hate you

I'm not alone but I am lonely
Insatiable and I can't get enough
But you know I'm only...

Sick with love
Love hate generate
Sick with love
Love hate radiate

Sick with love
Love hate generate
Sick with love
Love hate radiate

Sick with love
Love hate generate
Sick with love
Love hate radiate

Sick with love
Love hate generate
Sick with love
Love hate radiate

Sick with love
Sick with love



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?