8.21.2004

About Her

Today's sad song is Malcolm McLaren's About Her.

This song is from the Kill Bill Volume 2 soundtrack. If you've seen the movie, it plays during the scene where Uma is cuddling up watching TV with her daughter whom she hadn't known was alive until then.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Awww how sweet.

Anyway, the song is actually a cover of two songs. The main cover is of She's Not There by The Zombies and the female background ("My man’s..Got a heart..") is sung by Esther Bigeou on a W .C. Handy song from the 20s called St. Louis Blues.

Malcolm McLaren - About Her.mp3

My man’s
Got a heart
Like a rock
Cast in the sea

My man’s
Got a heart
Like a rock
Cast in the sea...

Well, no one told me about her
The way she lied
Well, no one told me about her
How many people cried

My man’s
Got a heart
Like a rock
Cast in the sea

My man’s
Got a heart
Like a rock
Cast in the sea...

Well, no one told me about her
The way she lied
Well, no one told me about her
How many people cried

But it's too late to say you’re sorry
How would I know, why should I care?
Please don’t bother trying to find her
She’s not there...

My man’s... in the sea...my man's

My man’s
Got a heart
Like a rock
Cast in the sea...

Cast in the sea...

Well, no one told me about her...
Well, no one told me about her
How many people cried

But it's too late to say you’re sorry
How would I know, why should I care?
Please don’t bother to find her
She’s not there...

She's not there...
She’s not there...



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?