8.12.2004

CocoRosie - By Your Side

UPDATE: I forgot to put the customary Amazon link so you can all go out and buy their wonderful music just like I just did.

Today's sad song is another by Cocorosie called By Your Side. Ok, I admit it, over the course of less than 24 hours I've become totally captivated by these girls' voice. Yeah that should be "voices" but they blend together in such a complimentary way that you may as well call it one voice, even when one is singing background in a different pitch.

At any rate, they sound so completely angelic. Not the kind of perfect angels that people say inhabit Heaven but the kind you'd really like to see, sort of dark and twisted angels taking up the back booth in a smoky cocktail lounge. A little cynical maybe, and a whole lotta sad, but altogether perfect in their own way.

They're sort of the dark twisted version of Joanna Newsom for all of us Newsom fans that can't really cope with too much of that positive innocence.

P.S. I'm getting these lyrics fromAlwaysOnTheRun.net which I've found to be an invaluable lyrics source.

CocoRosie-By Your Side.mp3

I'll always be by your side
Even when you're down and out
I'll always be by your side
Even when you're down and out
I just wanted to be your housewife
All i wanted was to be your housewife
I'll iron your clothes
I'll shine your shoes
I'll make your bed
And cook your food
I'll never cheat
I'll be the best girl you'll ever meet
And for a diamond ring
I'll do these kinds of things
I'll scrub your floor
Never be a bore
I'll tuck you in
I do not snore
I'd wear your black eyes
Bake you apple pies
I don't ask why
And i trys not to crys
I'll always be by your side
Even when you're down and out
I'll always be by your side
Even when you're down and out
And its nearly midnight
And all i want with my life
Is to be a housewife
Is to be a housewife
'Cause it's nearly midnight
And all i want with my life
Is to die a housewife
Is to die a housewife



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?