8.09.2004

Keep On Runnin'

Today's sad song is Keep on Runnin' by Cat Power.

"Cat Power" is Chan Marshall, another beautiful woman with a beautiful voice.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I have heard only one song by Cat Power (Metal Heart, it's great) but noticed this post today on Metafilter pointing people to KVRX which is a student radio station in Austin Texas. They have tons of in-studio recordings but the only ones I have checked out so far are the songs by Cat Power ( <----- this is where the mp3 is at).

Though all four of those songs are great, the song I am blogging here is the first song on the list. They call it "unknown cover", but a lyrics search says it is "Keep On Runnin' by Cat power" and I can't find if it is a cover or not.

But like I said the other songs are just as good, for example Naked If I Want To, which poses a question that, personally, I would be honored to be asked.

Cat Power: "Would you let me walk down the street naked if I wanted to?"

Me: "Please!"

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Read Chan Marshall's bio at her homepage or just skip all that getting to know her crap and make a commitment via Amazon

Cat Power
Keep On Runnin'

When will you do what you say you’ll do?
How could you really do it?
Will you keep on running?
Baby settle down
Will you keep on running?
You’ll lose your heart
Will you keep on running?
Baby settle down
Will you keep on running?
Run on, run on. You’ll rule your day.

Crawlin black spider baby
Crawlin black spider

Begin to crawl on baby with the cracks were very high
Just keep on crawlin till the day I die

Crawlin black spider

When will you do what you say you’ll do?
How could you really do it?
Will you keep on running?
Baby settle down
Will you keep on running?
You’ll lose your heart
Will you keep on running?
Baby settle down
Will you keep on running?
Run on, run on and you’ll rule your day

Crawlin’ black spider



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?