9.26.2005

NOAA has RITA aerials up


I'm going to start posting things like this at my brand spanking new blog called Common Hades (two minutes after I created it, I got a spam comment for a poker site).

Common Hades comes from the epigram Plato wrote for a sailor:

I am the tomb of one shipwrecked; and that opposite me, of a husbandman; for a common Hades lies beneath sea and earth.

It is a common thread in some Greek writings, especially epigrams, that no matter who you are, we're all in this together.

On the grave of an Athenian:
Straight is the descent to Hades, whether thou wert to go from Athens or takest thy journey from Meroƫ; let it not vex thee to have died so far away from home; from all lands the wind that blows to Hades is but one.


That isn't to say my other blog is going to be a straight fall to hell, but I like the idea that no matter who you are, what you believe, we are all in this world together, and I think it fits a blog on remote sensing because that is the science of looking down on the earth where everyone is in the same basket.

So anyway, I'll be posting big overhead images over there so this blog will have more room for, you know, fart jokes and important stuff like that.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?