7.14.2006

The Sweetwater flea market is a terror taget!


TheNew Your Times has a story on the porkbarrel antiterror funding going on, and it's pretty amazing to see the Sweetwater Flea Market listed as a potetial terror target. I first heard about the flea market on the Colbert Report and thought 'hmm, no way they mean Sweetwater Tn.." But it's true.
It reads like a tally of terrorist targets that a child might have written: Old MacDonald’s Petting Zoo, the Amish Country Popcorn factory, the Mule Day Parade, the Sweetwater Flea Market and an unspecified “Beach at End of a Street.”

...

Angela McNabb, manager of the Sweetwater Flea Market, which is 50 miles from Knoxville, Tenn., said: “I don’t know where they get their information. We are talking about a flea market here.”
Holy crap! They are talking about the flea market in Sweetwater Tennessee.



Now folks, I've been to the flea market in Sweetwater and I am reminded of Dave Attell's thoughts on going to a bus terminal. No terrorist is going to attack it because once they get there they'll say "Daaamn, somebody's already done this bitch!"

And yet, it makes me shiver to know that I am so close to a potential terrorist target. In one fell swoop, a coordinated terrorist attack on the flea market could wipe out the entire southeastern Tennessee supply of NASCAR memorabilia and surplus As Seen on TV gadgetry.

It is my only hope that the DHS has the forethought to protect many of Tennessee's other flea markets and I pray that they have my favorite anatomically correct flea market ceramic horse in a safe undisclosed location.






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?